It’s just Monday but that doesn’t mean the political/geopolitical week isn’t already well underway. The stories of the week are:
1. Who will Trump’s SCOTUS nominee be? He’ll nominate someone on Monday. Will it be Kethledge or Kavanaugh, who are viewed as “squishy” by some in the conservative community? Or will it be Barrett or Hardimann, who are considered staunch conservatives? Or someone else entirely? Whatever Trump does, I hope he doesn’t nominate Harriet Miers.
2. Its anarchy in the UK- two of British Prime Minister Teresa May’s key cabinet members David Davis and Boris Johnson quit over the past 24 hours (full disclosure- I always wanted to say the anarchy line). Her government is hanging on a thread with the talk of a vote of no-confidence from Tory MPs in Parliament. If May is sacked, Boris Johnson will be the likely replacement as Prime Minister although I can’t rule out Jacob Rees-Mogg as a viable alternative. Suffice to say that Britain will either Brexit or they’ll blow it. And this comes on the heels of Trump’s visit to the UK in a few days. It’s going to be a tough go for the Brits.
3. In Nantes, Paris and other French cities, the (mostly) Muslim Banlieus are rioting in protest of a French Muslim’s shooting death at the hands of French police a few days ago. Nantes has been rocked by riots for at least 4 straight days, and it doesn’t look like it’s letting up. The riot police are clashing with the protesters and they’re cracking heads. Word is that Antifa and other groups might join in the protests. It will get uglier before it gets better in France.
4. In Canada, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is facing criticism over his handling of an old case (from when he was in college) about him groping a girl. He admitted it and apologized for it at the time- and it’s in school newspapers. However, today he wants to forget about it, pretend it never happened, and it wasn’t really groping, you see. None of this passes the smell test, and it makes him look as slimy as Bill Clinton does. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I’m betting he’s done this to other girls (like every other male feminist out there). I think Canada’s just about done with Fidel Castro’s bastard love child.
5. Dear friends: told you that Hillary’s running in 2020. And she’s going to lose even bigger this time out.
That’s it for today. Have a good day, folks!